Monday, March 2, 2015

The Preschool Diaries {Part 2}

Last week I finished up my five week stint in the infant/toddler classroom for my human development and family studies class, so after spring break I will be heading up to the preschool classroom. I am looking forward to moving up because I think there will be more to do with the older and higher number of children, so I will be sure to update you all on how that goes.
But for now, I will share about my last few weeks in the infant/toddler classroom. It is great now because pretty much all 16 of the kids have warmed up to me. Recently, I had to implement my second lesson plan. This one was harder for me to come up with an idea. I decided to make a PowerPoint presentation for them with pictures of baby and mama animals to identify the names of each. For example, bear & cub or pig & piglet, etc. I thought of the idea after I saw one of the teachers naming the toy plastic animals with one of the kids. Many of the kids seem to have an interest in animals, so I decided to go with it.
I think that all the kids had fun looking at the pictures, but I am not so sure that they retained the names of the baby animals. For your enjoyment, here are some of the pictures I gathered from Google Images:
On another note, I am there for lunch with the kids on Wednesday's. They have their own personal chef for the preschool, so I am always so jealous of their food. Each day they have a main dish, a fruit, a vegetable, and milk or water. From the few lunches that I can remember, meals have included tacos, pasta, cantaloupe, carrots, broccoli, pineapple, honeydew, and pears. I know they also serve breakfast and an afternoon snack as well.
Read about Part 1 of The Preschool Diaries recalling my first weeks in the preschool if you missed it. Did you learn any new baby animal names today?
 photo yes2_zps687c5179.png

1 comment:

  1. So fun! I think I knew all those baby animal names. Calf for the giraffe might have stumped me, but now I will remember that calf rhymes with giraffe!

    ReplyDelete