Monday, February 2, 2015

Ice Skating

On Saturday, I went ice skating at the Pegula Ice Arena. The hockey team plays there but we were at the community rink next to it. It was nice because it was not crowded at all since it was rented out for an hour for just members of the FastStart mentor program I am in.
I arrived with a girl who lives in my building along with her friend who decided we should take the bus. This was only my second time on the bus. I found out that the buses only go in one direction, so we literally left in the opposite direction of the rink causing us to be super late and miss valuable skate time being that we only had an our.
Nevertheless, I had a great time being on ice skates for the first time in four years. I am proud to say I did not fall once although I did have a VERY close call once or twice. Let's just say I am not the most graceful or skilled at balancing. The ice was super smooth though so that did help. The walk back was freezing so I had to warm up with a cup of s'mores hot chocolate. I would love to go ice skating there again soon!
I hope you had a great weekend! Did the team you were rooting for win the super bowl? I did not see all of it since I had to work but I was rooting for both teams to lose since they are both cheaters.
 photo yes2_zps687c5179.png

3 comments:

  1. Well said, "both are cheaters." Did you take the bus because of the weather?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun, but do the buses really only go one way? I can't believe that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One team got in trouble for using a deflated ball but how did the other team cheat?

    ReplyDelete