Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Winter Break Week 2 {Ringing in the New Year}

Last week I recapped week 1 of my glorious winter break, so today it's time to recap week 2!
(Sunday) We went to a holiday party at a family friends' house enjoying some good food, including latkes a.k.a. potato pancakes with applesauce, which I rarely get the chance of eating, and playing lots of Trivia Crack. It was good to see some of my softball friends. After we went home I then went across the street to my friends to watch The Interview found online and streamed onto her TV. I found it to be hilarious and better than expected.
(Monday) I got my exercise on for the first time over break on a hike in Malibu with my friend. It started off in a neighborhood with ocean views and then went inland towards a waterfall that you could climb up using a rope. We then went to Malibu Seafood. It was the first time I had been there and I was so impressed. The fish and chips were amazing and that's coming from someone who would never choose to eat fish and chips anywhere. Next, we went to Malibu Yogurt where I opted for tart with strawberries before heading to yoga. It was also my first time going to yoga. I had been wanting to go try it for a while, but I would say it's not really my cup of tea.

{Tuesday} This day my grandmother took my cousin and I shopping at The Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica. I only found three pieces, a top, scarf, and pajama shorts, from Nordstrom, but my cousin had tons more luck than I. We ate lunch at Tender Greens, which I loved! I am dying to go back there!
{Wednesday} On the last day of 2014, I met up with some of my friends to go to The Grove once again for dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. It wouldn't have been my first choice since I had just been there but I had a nice time nonetheless. After dinner, we drove back to her house and played Cards Against Humanity, a dirty version of Apples to Apples, before cheers-ing with our sparkling cider to the ball dropping on Times Square. 
{Thursday} My day started off catching glimpses of some of the floats in the Rose Parade. Later, my dad's high school friend came over to watch the two Rose Bowl games. 
{Friday} I cannot remember what I did during the day this day for the life of me. Maybe I didn't do anything? But, at night I watched Neighbors. Let's just say I would probably not watch it again. Then, we made s'mores in our fireplace with Reese's.

{Saturday} My mom and I headed to the mall this day to exchange some of our Christmas gifts.
Week 3 will be up soon! It will have a lot more pictures! Hope everyone's winter break went well and has a good start to 2015!
 photo yes2_zps687c5179.png

No comments:

Post a Comment