Wednesday, November 12, 2014

My First EPO Event

Yesterday, I had my first event for the event planning organization I am in. So far they have three events scheduled throughout the year, although I know they are looking for more. If we wanted, we could apply to two events and then got assigned to one. I'm pretty sure I got the one that I didn't apply to, but I'm just glad to be involved. They give upperclassmen lots of priority. This week and last week Penn State is having Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW), which is a whole series of events mostly involving different speakers. EPO got seven events, and we each had to sign up for two. Basically, we had to hang up signs and balloons, count attendance, hand out flyers, stamp students' GEW passports, and alert social media. I wouldn't really say it was planning an event, but I hear EPO might be in charge of it all next year. My second event is next week and I have several other duties to fill this week.I enjoyed it, and I know it will put me in a better position next year or even next semester to get some of the better events.
 photo yes2_zps687c5179.png

No comments:

Post a Comment