Monday, November 3, 2014

Halloween Night


I must start this post off by apologizing for my absence from the blog for the past three weeks. It killed me knowing I was not posting. Things just got hectic with midterms, and it was already hard enough keeping up before while having to blog for english as well. Hopefully, I will be able to get back on track starting today. I had planned out all the posts, but just never found the time to write them. So, you have my word that I will try my hardest to catch up.
After I finished all my classes on Friday, my Halloween officially began. I went with a girl I met in the FastStart mentor program I am in and some of her friends to a corn maze. We walked downtown to meet the three vans, organized by a church, that were taking us there. We drove half an hour to a pumpkin patch. It was interesting seeing what was just outside of State College. We even passed some farmland quite a bit away that was actually part of the agriculture college.
Once we arrived, we split up into groups to complete the corn maze. We were handed a punch card with twelve different shapes hidden throughout the maze. So, we not only had to find the exit, we had to find all the shapes at the dead ends to win a prize of something such as a gourd. Oh my gosh! It was the hardest maze I had ever been in. We only got seven of the shapes in two hours.
We came out of the corn maze and joined everyone else at the bonfire. There were hot dogs to roast, s'mores to be made, and these thing called moon pies to be grilled. There were also drinks including some much needed hot chocolate in the freezing cold weather. My personal favorite was the s'more I made consisting of two graham crackers, a marshmallow, and a Reese's peanut butter cup instead of a Hershey's bar. I will definitely be making a ton of these next time I go camping.
Once we were full, we went on a hayride throughout the property before heading back to State College. It was definitely a different Halloween than I had ever had before, but I loved all the fall festivities!
Now that Halloween is over, I cannot wait for Thanksgiving! What did you do for halloween this year?
 photo yes2_zps687c5179.png

3 comments:

  1. Yes welcome back. Smores with Reese's in them. I need to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're back. How am I supposed to know what's going on if you're not blogging about it? Well, since you asked about my Halloween…Graham came over (because she's scared of opening her door when she's home by herself), we ate tortilla soup, looked for photos for her Xmas card and passed out candy. Brent passed out some too, but mainly drove Becca around to various friend's houses. And I did a lot of yelling at people not to give out too many pieces because I didn't want to run out. That's it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,
    I really like your Blog! Awesome Photos and interesting Stuff. Do you want to support each other and follow via GFC? If yes please tell me and i follow back. Lets stay in touch. :)

    Greetings Sophia xx
    M Y B L O G.
    I N S T A G R A M.

    ReplyDelete