Friday, October 10, 2014

10 on 10 {October 2014}

Today I am going to be participating in a blog series called Ten on Ten. I hope you enjoy it!

10 pictures on the 10th day of the month! 
{Document a snapshot of your life & find beauty among the ordinary things in your day!} ten on ten button
Today I energized my day with a raspberry Nutrigrain bar as I rushed off to my first class at 10:10. Usually I'll have a bowl of oatmeal, but I seemed to sleep in a little longer than usual this morning, so I had to eat on the go.
Got to my class on time, but we ended up having a sub and watching a movie we had to take notes on. Boring! My others teachers cancel class when they can't make it.
I made a quick trip to the library to finish my english evaluation draft of a resort I stayed at in Costa Rica. I usually pick these comfy chairs.
I walked down the mall to College Ave. to walk through the Farmer's Market. I ended up buying some applesauce, apple raspberry cider, and whoopie pies as a welcome gift for my parents and grandmother who were coming up today for parents and family weekend this weekend. I chose pumpkin whoopie pies because they originated from the Amish in Pennsylvania. I also got three small pumpkins to decorate my room with.
I met my mentor after my last class to go inside of Old Main. It was open as an activity to do for parents and family weekend. I got to meet the President inside! And, I got to see his office. They even had refreshments and cookies for us.

We then climbed one hundred narrow steps to the bell tower and got a 360 degree view of the campus and downtown. 
I then headed to the gym for a twenty minute abs class. After that, I went to the cardio room and did twenty minutes on the treadmill, twenty minutes on the elliptical, and twenty minutes on the bike. Here's shot at the end of my treadmill workout. Nothing too intense, just enough to get the heart rate up.
I ate dinner super fast. I got a salad from a place downtown called Fiddlehead. I chose The Harvest, which has spinach, turkey, dried cranberries, corn, and something like a dried sweet potato chip topped with apple cider dressing. It was delicious and huge! And, just perfect for fall!

Unfortunately, I had to attend a review for an exam for my bio class on Thursday. It was from 6:30 to 9:30 on a Friday night, so barely anyone showed up.
This is an app I have on my iPhone. I walked 8.66 miles today for a total of two hours and sixteen minutes, burning 379 calories. It is amazing how much walking I do in college.

I hope you enjoyed a little peek into my Friday. What did you do today?
 photo yes2_zps687c5179.png

2 comments:

  1. I loved the pics in this post! Not to mention that this one is very informative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Whoopie Pies. Thanks. Was that a review session or a private tutoring session?

    ReplyDelete