Friday, September 19, 2014

"The Happiest 5K On the Planet"

Last Sunday my friends and I participated in the Color Run, which so happened to take place on campus. We left our dorm room at 6:00 to pick up our race day package, which was a bag full of goodies, including a T-shirt, sweatbands, tattoos, and even laundry detergent.





The morning of race day it was 42 degrees outside, so we were disgustingly hovered over steam vents on the sidewalk before the race began. And, even though I looked absolutely ridiculous in the sweat band, it was completely necessary to protect my ears from the blistering weather. At the starting line, all the participants were released in different waves. We had to wait until the third group.



Throughout the 5K, there were different colored gates in which volunteers would throw chalk at the runners. We were covered in yellow, purple, orange, and blue at the end of the race. We ran the majority of the way, but stopped and walked a little to wait for our friends.







I had a great time even though I was only running on 3.5 hours of sleep. It was a great way to spend the morning. I could only stay an hour before I had to get ready for rush. I would definitely recommend you guys to sign up when one comes near your house. It is definitely the "Happiest 5K on the planet."
 photo yes2_zps687c5179.png

2 comments:

  1. 42 degrees? In January you will be longing for those 42 degree days. It looks like fun. How many people ran and where was the course?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same thought as your dad regarding the weather. 42 degrees in September???? We have been suffering through record breaking heat here in So Cal. So funny that you and Sarah both did a 5K on the same day. I doubt hers was as colorful though.

    ReplyDelete