Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Changing Majors

{via}
I have officially switched out of architecture and am now undeclared. I know what you're thinking, I couldn't even last one week. During the fifteen hours that I was there, all we did was draw. I do not enjoy drawing, and it definitely does not come naturally to me. We were assigned to draw l1 sketches in 2 days and then had a critique. The instructor laughed at my drawings and said they looked rushed. I was for sure not offended at all that she implied I did not put any time into my drawings. But, the drawing was not what initiated me to switch out. I could have stuck around at least for the semester if it was just the drawing. Now, I had always been told that architecture takes up so much time. Little did I realize just how much. It never bothered me because I thought I would be putting time into something I loved doing, but I do not love drawing. It was so clear to me even during the first week that architecture would be my whole college experience. I could not see myself having the time to get involved in anything on campus. I believe everyone needs balance, and I want to experience the full college experience. So, my dreams of designing houses has come to an end. I loved knowing what I wanted to do, but now I have no idea. Switching classes was a whole other story that I will leave for another day. For now, I am catching up the week of classes I missed. It definitely feels like college now rather than a vacation. It was definitely hard knowing I was throwing tons of money on architecture tools down the drain, but I am extremely confident in my decision, and happier because of it.
 photo yes2_zps687c5179.png

4 comments:

  1. You probably set a record with number of different classes enrolled during a 3 day period (9?). Are you on a first name basis with the bookstore workers now? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy that you are happy with your decision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that it was a very brave thing to do. I can't wait to hear what classes inspire you over the next two years to pick your next major. Remember…you really only have to figure it out by grad school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tried to post comments numerous times. I may have finally figured it out. Geesh!

    ReplyDelete