Wednesday, September 10, 2014

18 Fun Facts For 18 Years






Today is my 18th birthday! It is definitely exciting, but a little scary at the same time. This year is the first year I will be away from my family for my birthday. I thought it would be fun to share 18 random facts about myself for my 18 years of existence. So, let's get to know each other a little better shall we?

1. I love to travel and explore new places. I have been to twelve countries on four different continents. That being said my favorite trip was to Costa Rica. I hope to add ten times more countries to my passport. Ideally, I would stay at a Four Seasons Resort each trip. On the top of my travel list are Tahiti, Australia, New Zealand, Africa, Greece, Paris, and Antarctica.

2. I played as a fullback for my high school's soccer team and as an outfielder and slapper for my high school's softball team.

3. I cannot whistle no matter how hard I try. In fact, one time the five and seven year olds that I was babysitting were trying to teach me.

4. I am most likely the worst dancer you will ever meet. However, I do enjoy playing Just Dance on the Wii. My dance mantra is "Fake it till you make it."

5. I hate the taste of melted cheese. I am known for taking the cheese off my pizza. I believe it is much easier to tell people I am lactose intolerant rather than explain myself.

6. I am slightly afraid of animals. Most are cute, but at a distance. Therefore, I do not plan to ever adopt any kind of a pet.

7. I am addicted to reality TV. I consider the Real Housewives, Kardashians, and fifty others my guilty pleasure.

8. One Sunday afternoon I saw Britney Spears with her then fiancé and two little sons at the movie theater I went to in Calabasas.

9. For some reason I really enjoy the idea of a cupcake. I just think they're adorable and it has nothing to do with their taste. In fact, I have a picture of one that I painted in a freshman art class hanging right next to my bed at home. I especially love Georgetown Cupcakes and Sprinkles.

10. Some people find it weird that I prefer healthier food over fast food. The only fast food I will even consider eating are In and Out, Chipotle, and Togo's. I can be seen devouring a whole avocado or eating practically any kind of fruit under the sun several times a day.

11. I wish I could go to the spa every week of my life.

12. I do not enjoy reading novels so much, but I do enjoy reading coffee table books and People magazine.

13. When I look back onto my childhood, the one thing that sticks out in my mind is that my dad held me from going to countless once-in-a-lifetime experiences like The Suite Life of Zack and Cody tapings and Hannah Montana concerts that were being filmed for the TV show. My friend would always invite me to go because her mom worked for Disney, but my dad would always say that I could not miss softball practice. Lame if you ask me. However, I did eventually make it to a Hannah Montana taping and the Kid's Choice Awards for her birthday parties, which did not conflict. That being said I still missed out on a lot.

14. I love making lists. My dashboard on my MacBook is currently covered in sticky notes with a million different lists, and the notes section of my iPhone is miles long. 

15. I believe every girl should have her toe nails painted if she steps foot in public wearing open toed shoes. That being said I love painted nails.

16. I love the spirit surrounding every holiday especially around Christmas time. I often decorate my room with holiday related items. I will decorate my house for every holiday one day.

17. My future wedding will take place at a fabulous estate sitting on a vineyard.

18. My goals for the future include a successful career and a thriving family. I think it would be fun to design several family-friendly neighborhoods around the country with great amenities and floor plans like the Toll Brothers.

I hope you learned something new about me. Come back for more!

3 comments:

  1. You should not be making lists this morning. You should be a softball practice.

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a happy birthday for the first time I am not physically with you to celebrate. I am celebrating with you in spirit, though! Love, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I new most of these things about you, but it was interesting to see them all together. Paints a picture of you for sure. I TOTALLY agree with numbers 1, 7, 11, 14, 15 & 16.

    ReplyDelete