Friday, August 1, 2014

Aquamarine Color Scheme

One of the things I am looking forward to the most about college is decorating my dorm room. However, the idea of living in one is a whole other story. Within the last week I have planned everything out, and I mean everything! The only slight problem is being able to afford putting my plans into action. We'll see what the parents have to say. Only time will tell. I decided to go with an aquamarine color scheme with hints of gray, silver, and white.


I am set on covering at least one of my walls in that amazing teal chevron removable wallpaper. I decided on neutral bedding, so I have the option of switching up the color scheme in future years. So, of course I need to get colorful pillows to add pops of color and make it super comfy. My dorm room has these bolsters hanging right above the bed that I'd figure I would fill with matching accessories. I figure I will get bed risers and put one of those cubicles with fabric drawers underneath my bed for extra storage. The plush rug will warm up the room while adding a punch of color. And, I am also really excited to have found some great picture frames that allow you to hang multiple pictures. And, obviously every thing else I buy for my room has to match! I can't wait to turn my drab dorm room into a sea of color. What do you you all think?

Chevron Removable Wallpaper |Amazon| $30.00
Curtains |Target| $19.99
Clipboard Picture Frame |Target| $24.99
Collage Picture Frame |Target| $19.99
Candleholders |Z Gallerie| $11.99 + $9.99
Jewlery Box |Z Gallerie| $39.99
Dream Sign |Hobby Lobby| $9.00
Faux Orchid |Target| $24.99
Sand Timer |Amazon| $13.29
Silver Picture Frame |Target| $26.99
Candle |Z Gallerie| $19.95
Elephant Figurine |Walmart| $25.30
Lantern |Pottery Barn| $27.00
Duvet Cover |PB Teen| $59.00
Rosette Pillows |Target| $19.99
Furry Pillow |Pier 1 Imports| $24.95
Patterned Pillow |Target| $24.99
Body Pillow |Target| $9.99
Lamp |Target| $16.99
Alarm Clock |Bed Bath & Beyond| $49.95
Cubeical |Target| $33.99
Power Strips |Target| $14.99
Bath Sheet |Target| $9.47
Set of Towels |Target| $9.47
Laundry Bag |Target| $9.99
Full Length Mirror |Target| $5.99
Tabletop Ironing Board |Target| $9.99
Shower Shoes |Target| $2.50
Fan |Target| $19.99
Shower Caddy |Bed Bath & Beyond| $7.99
Rug |Target| $69.99

The majority of the items shown above are at great prices! I hope to get many of the above items from my Target college registry. Check out my list here. I have so much to do in less than a month. I have to buy endlessly more items that are not even listed here. Wish me luck! Have a great day!
 photo yes2_zps687c5179.pngLantern

No comments:

Post a Comment