Monday, July 28, 2014

Wedding Wishes

My cousin Sarah has gotten me into reading wedding magazines in the past year or so. And, no I am not getting married anytime even close to the near future, but I love looking at all the beautiful details of real brides' weddings. The event is so magical symbolizing the joining together of two loves forever! Recently I picked up the spring 2014 copy of Real Weddings Martha Stewart to read on a trip. And, I couldn't help myself, so today I am sharing my top five favorite weddings from the issue.

1. Lydia St. Eve & Barritt Peterson's St. Louis Tennis Wedding











This wedding is my absolute favorite. It is one of the most unique weddings I have ever seen. I always love themes, and this one is impeciably well done. All the little details are absolutely adorable. Every aspect of the wedding embodies tennis from the preppy color scheme of orange and blue to the pennant flag bunting decorations that were even sent out in the invitations. The tournament bracket seating chart and the guest book made of tennis balls are all brilliant. I love all the stripes and the customized crest seen throughout. All I have to say is well done!

2. Lindsey Kotler & Josh Green's South Carolina Outdoor Wedding





I am a sucker for an outdoor wedding. I thought the location of a bridge was so interesting. I am in love with the reception setup under that tent with all that hanging greenery and comfy seating. I enjoy the simple, classic cake and the specialty cocktail that matches the color scheme. Every detail is so elegant.







Boy do I love vineyard weddings. The rows of grapes photograph so beautifully. I am a sucker for a dessert table and food bars. I thought the different flavored jars of jams was such a great useable wedding favor. Everything throughout the entire wedding is displayed beautifully.







This fall wedding is a nice break from the typical summer wedding. I think the collection of stamps on the wedding invites are a nice sneak preview. And, of course that framed chalkboard menu is amazing. The food stays true to the fall theme and its presentation is exceptional. But, my absolute favorite detail of this wedding is the reception set up. Those chandeliers and live green walls paired with the wood tables and petite chairs is stunning. I also love the special decorations on the bride and groom's chairs. Just gorgeous!







I always love the backdrop of a beautiful home. This black-tie wedding is the quintessential adult gathering. The key holding the rings instead of a traditional pillow is brilliant along with the customized crest. And, the simple table settings work beautifully. The elegance mixed with simplicity is just right.

Which wedding is your favorite? Does your dream wedding entail a tennis or fall theme? Is it located at a vineyard, an estate, or a bridge? As you can tell, I loved this spring issue. I can't wait to get my hands on the next issue!


*All pictures are from Martha Stewart.

1 comment:

  1. For your loving brother on his birthday, give him the best birthday greeting with wishes from here birthday wishes for brother

    ReplyDelete